- Where is the Human Resources Department located? What are the hours of operation?
The Human Resources Department is located on the southwest corner of the campus. Our office hours are 7:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
- How do I know what jobs are available at Leonard J. Chabert Medical Center?
Aailable positions at Leonard J. Chabert Medical Center are posted on the
LA Careers website,
as well as on our website.
- What is the salary range for the available positions?
A salary range for each position will be listed on the job postings.
- Where can I find Civil Service Testing information?
Civil Testing Information is located on the
Louisiana Department of State Civil Service website as well as our website.
- If I have a degree, am I exempt from taking the Civil Service exam required for this position?
An applicant who has obtained a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with an overall grade-point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher may be probationally appointed under the provisions of this rule to any professional level job for which possession of the baccalaureate degree alone is sufficient to meet the minimum qualifications. However, applicants appointed under this rule do not need to take the Professional Entry Test (PET).
THIS RULE APPLIES ONLY TO PROBATIONAL APPOINTMENTS AND MAY NOT BE USED TO AUTHORIZE PROMOTIONS.
- What are some of the main differences between classified and unclassified positions?
Candidates for classified positions must meet the minimum qualifications of the job and may be required to take a written exam issued by the LA Department of Civil Service. Classified employees are paid biweekly. Candidates for Unclassified positions must meet the minimum qualifications. Unclassified employees are paid biweekly or monthly, depending on the type of position.
- I am a new employee and I have not received a paycheck.
A new employee is placed in the HR/Payroll System when all pre-employment requirements have been met, and all necessary paperwork has been received in Human Resources.
- If I am a Classified employee, how do I know my anniversary date?
Your anniversary date is six (6) months after the date you were hired. Example: If you were hired February 1, then your anniversary date would be August 1. As a classified employee you are eligible for a 4% merit increase at that time, along with your first performance evaluation (PPR). August 1 becomes your anniversary date and you would be eligible every year at that time for a merit increase and evaluation.
- If I have been in my position for 3 years or longer, can my position be upgraded/reallocated to a higher position in order to receive a higher salary?
If the level of duties and responsibilities for the position has not changed, the position can not be upgraded/reallocated. If you want a higher salary, please view our vacancy announcements for a promotional opportunity. Salary is not a factor in the reallocation process of positions. A position may be reallocated if there are changes to that position which results in a higher or lower level of duties and responsibilities.
- If I have more questions, whom can I contact?
If you need assistance, please visit the Human Resources Department or contact us at (985) 873-1855.