LJCMC Graduate Medical Education
Internal Medicine Residency Facts:
- ACGME accredited through 2016
- 8 residents per year for a total of 24 in a three year program.
- Recognized nationally for initiatives in Congestive Heart Failure and Diabetes care.
- Provides the only Infectious Disease Clinic in the region.
- 5 Ward teams with an average census of no more than 10 per team.
- Common Diseases seen in 1 month:
- Acute coronary syndromes
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Acute Renal Failure needing dialysis
- Kidney disease
- Pneumonia requiring Thoracentesis
- Fever and Neutropenia in a cancer patient
- Atrial Arrhythmias like SVT, A-Fibrillation
- Liver Disease requiring paracentesis
- Acute Joint swelling requiring joint aspiration
- Diabetic problems (DKA, infections)
- Acute pancreatitis
- Rare Diseases diagnosed by house officers in 1 month
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
- Lupus Nephritis
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Acute Leukemia’s
- Acute Vibrio Vulnificus
- Von Willebrand Disease