- I cannot clock into TACS; the phone rings but does not pick up. What should I do?
Hang up and try again. If the phone fails to answer, report the issue by calling the Payroll Department (Monday-Friday) when clocking between the hours of 7:00am-4:30pm OR the Switchboard when clocking before 7:00am or after 4:30pm. Inform your Manager/Supervisor and they will coordinate with the Payroll Department to resolve the issue. A Mispunch Slip must be completed for each time you were not able to clock in or out.
- I cannot clock into TACS; when I enter my SS# I get the following message: "you have entered an invalid employee number." What should I do?
If you are a new employee, you may not be in the system yet. Verify that the employee number you entered is correct and inform your Manager/Supervisor of the issue.
- I cannot clock into TACS; when I enter my SS# I get the following message: "the employee number entered is not authorized to use this extension." What should I do?
Make a note of the extension you are using and inform your Manager/Supervisor of the extension you tried to clock on.
- If I forget to clock in or out; what should I do?
Complete a Mispunch Slip and submit the form to your Timekeeper/Supervisor.
- I entered an incorrect clock code. What should I do?
If you are still on the call, press star twice (**) and you will be prompted to enter a clock code. If you have ended the call, complete a Mispunch Slip and submit the form to your Timekeeper/Supervisor.
- I am scheduled to float to another department. How do I clock into the other department?
Use clock code 5 and enter the department code to which you are floating. Contact the Payroll Department for assistance or for Float Department Codes.
- Does the system automatically deduct a lunch break?
After 5 hours, a 1/2 hour is automatically deducted. Another 1/2 hour is deducted after 15 hours worked during the same shift.
- If I have more questions, whom can I contact?
If you need further assistance, please visit the Payroll Department or contact us at (985) 873-1784.