The Lallie Kemp Regional Medical Center Social Service Department maintains an integrated, collaborative partnership with the Medical and Nursing staff. Their primary goal is to meet the varying needs of patients and families in crisis. The Medical Social Service Counselors are key members of teams that provide patient-centered care. Our Counselors are committed to serving as advocates, and facilitating communication during and after the hospital stay. They perform psychosocial assessments, assist with discharge planning to ensure continuity of care, and assist with referrals to community services and resources.
The Medical Social Service Counselors are professionals who provide the following services to patients and their families in the inpatient, outpatient settings at Lallie Kemp Regional Medical Center:
- Assessment of patients' needs
- Discharge planning
- Patient and family counseling
- Serving as a liaison between the medical team, patient, and family
- Referrals to resources
- Collaborating with community agencies
- Placement Services: Home Health, Hospice, Nursing Home, Long Term Acute Care, Psychiatric
- Coordinate Services: Home Oxygen, Outpatient Dialysis, Inpatient IV Therapy, Home Wound Vac Therapy
The Mission of LKMC Department of Social Service is to:
- Enable you and your family to identify and use your strengths to cope with illness and disability
- Assist you in developing the most effective and efficient plan for continuity of care
- Maximize your use of Medical and Psychosocial care
- Assist you with obtaining Medically Necessary Equipment
Our Medical Social Service Counselors are available on site weekdays from 8:30 am to 4:30pm.